Terms and Conditions
2020 MONTHLY CASH PRIZE COMPETITION
1000USD (or ZAR15000) cash!
- The monthly cash prize competition is open to any registered catch Cook website user from any country.
- Register on www.CatchCook.com and enter your amateur Catch Cook video. It does not need to be completely edited. We will do the hard work.
- Raw footage submissions can be sent via the submit function, Whatsapp (put number here) or via Wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can enter as many videos as you like. All videos published onto our YouTube video during the particular month, will be eligible to win the monthly. The competition is not open to employees of Catch Cook and their immediate families.
- Our panel of judges and marketing staff will select the top three videos based on engagement and interaction. The tiop three videos will then be polled by public vote via the social media channels.
- The competition runs monthly from 01 February 2020 to December 2020.
- By entering the competition all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules, as well as the submission and participation rules as set out on the Catch Cook website terms and conditions.
- The winners will be notified telephonically or via e-mail on or before within three weeks of each monthly closing date (the last day of the month) on the mobile number or e-mail address that they entered this competition with.
- Catch Cook reserves the right to substitute a prize with any other prize of equal value to the prize/s offered herein, at its sole discretion.
- The decision of Catch Cook is final it shall not enter into any correspondence about the result.
- Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Catch Cook reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time and/or end this competition with reasonable notice.
You (the entrant) will be asked to provide your (full name, phone number, e-mail address and other related information)
Catch Cook and its affiliates collect and will use your personal data listed hereby in order to enable your participation in this competition and related online activities.
Completion of a contact form is required for registration. All of the data entered into the form by you is collected, processed and used by Catch Cook solely for the purpose of (potentially) winning in a sweepstake as well as our own legitimate commercial interests. The storage and use of your personal data always occurs in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
Your personal data will be available exclusively for the Catch Cook, its affiliates and subsidiaries’ marketing purposes and, by participating in the competition, you expressly consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the data in South Africa.
Catch Cook keeps the data to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Catch Cook will not use your (the entrants) information for a different purpose without first asking permission to do so. Catch Cook may however share the entrant’s personal information with any of its subsidiaries worldwide, or with authorized third parties.
All entrants and winners indemnify Catch Cook, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or loss howsoever arising, including but not limited to wilful misconduct or negligent act or omission arising from their participation in this competition.
The following detailed submission terms apply:
CatchCook.com is excited that you are interested in sharing your footage with us. Please read carefully the terms and conditions that follow. This CatchCook.com Video Competition Terms (the “Agreement”) is a binding agreement between you (“You”) and CatchCook.com.
BY CLICKING THE “AGREE” BUTTON AND UPLOADING YOUR CONTENT, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS; AND (D) VOLUNTARILY GIVE FULL RIGHTS OF YOUR VIDOE SUBMISSION TO CATCHCOOK.COM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR CONTENT TO CatchCook.com.
You represent and warrant that You own or have the right to license the video content to CatchCook.com. This includes, but is not limited to: all the video or audio visual content, footage and photographs filmed, captured and/or recorded, including any rights to the music contained therein. You also give the right to exploit any master recordings and underlying musical compositions as synchronized to the user generated content (UGC) as submitted by You to CatchCook.com through any delivery means prescribed by CatchCook.com.
You grant CatchCook.com the rights to include, exhibit, display, reproduce or distribute the UGC for any and all purposes, including commercial purposes, and including but not limited to the marketing, promoting and advertising of the CatchCook.com brand, products and services, monetization of content through advertising, subscription, licensing and other means. Such rights further includes, the right for CatchCook.com to incorporate the UGC in video or audio visual content, text, graphics, artwork, photographs, templates, and other content or materials created by or on behalf of CatchCook.com.
This Agreement also governs CatchCook.com’s use of the name, nickname, likeness, rights of publicity, voice, live or recorded performance, autograph, photographs and biographical information of You or any third parties as included in the UGC. You represent and warrant that You have obtained the appropriate licenses, permissions, and/or releases from all people that recognizably appear in the Content, including the real names, nicknames, likenesses, voices, live or recorded performances, autographs, photographs and biographical information of such third party individuals, and the owner of any music, images, video, audio, photos, text, or other material embedded within the UGC.
If your UGC contains photographs or digital or video images that depict a child that is under age, You represent that You have written permission from the minor’s parent or guardian to provide the photo, digital, or video image for commercial use.
NOW, THEREFORE, for good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
RIGHTS GRANT. Submitting UGC means that You hereby grant to CatchCook.com, with a right to use your UGC for commercial use, a perpetual, worldwide, unlimited, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, royalty-free, fully-paid license for CatchCook.com to use that UGC and Your Appearances or other identifying information in connection with Your UGC, and the right to record, copy, publicly perform, broadcast, exhibit, transmit, distribute create derivative works and otherwise exploit any master recordings and underlying musical compositions as synchronized to the UGC and provide the public performance rights for such UGC, for any purpose, including but not limited to any commercial advertising, in any manner or media now or later developed, including, without limitation, the rights enumerated below:
- to reproduce, modify, display and prepare derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, broadcast, transmit and otherwise use the UGC, in whole or in part, whether or not within or in connection with the CatchCook.com, for any purpose, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Online / Mobile: All forms of transmission over the Internet, mobile carrier networks, satellite networks or other method of connectivity, including, without limitation, all forms of streaming technologies and downloads accessible on or through any and all websites, applications, gaming and/or media platforms, social media services and/or other offerings made available by the CatchCook.com;
- PR / Retail: All public relations and media outreach, including, without limitation, the exhibition, performance and other use of the Content and Appearances at retail establishments (e.g., “point-of-sale” and “point-of-purchase” displays), kiosks, trade shows, conventions, sales and/or marketing meetings and other promotional events;
- Print Media: The display and other use of CatchCook.com in and in connection with all forms of print media, including, without limitation, catalogues, newspaper and magazine articles, editorials, advertising and circulars, merchandise packaging and product manuals;
- Out-Of-Home / Events: The exhibition, display, performance and other use of the Content and Appearances via all forms of out-of-home advertising (including, without limitation, on billboards, busses and in other public places), in public or private transportation (including, without limitation, airline flights, trains, cars, buses, taxis, limousines and ride-sharing services) and at public events (including, without limitation, on electronic billboards and video displays at those public events);
- Television: All forms of television media, whether linear or on-demand (including, without limitation, all forms of local, regional, international and network broadcast, pay, satellite and internet protocol television);
- Theatrical: Theatrical exhibition (including, without limitation, as embodied in motion pictures);
- Home Vide: All home video formats (i.e., DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS and other fixed, transportable audiovisual media) and the “electronic sell-through” of motion pictures and television programs embodying the Content in digital download formats;
- Commercials: by means of Online Media, radio and Television in audiovisual works as commercial(s), produced by the CatchCook.com;
- Other Uses: Any other exhibition, display, performance, communication to the public, distribution, exploitation or other use of the Content and/or Appearances not set forth above.
- to the extent that You or any third party recognizably appear in the Content, to use the Appearances, in or in connection with CatchCook.com, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including, but not limited, for any purpose and as necessary to exercise the rights granted in these Terms. Subject to applicable laws, You waive any moral and privacy rights that You may have in any UGC.
USE OF YOUR UGC. Submission of Content to CatchCook.com is not a guarantee that CatchCook.com will publish or otherwise use the Content. CatchCook.com may use Your Content, in whole or in part or as part of the CatchCook.com without any further approval by You.
OWNERSHIP. By submitting your UGC to CatchCook.com, you give full ownership of the content submitted to CatchCook.com.
COMPENSATION. You waiver all rights to any compensation when submitting your UGC to CatchCook.com – now in its current format and any other future broadcast of your content.
WARRANTIES. You represent and warrant that: (i) You have all rights and licenses necessary to grant to CatchCook.com the rights granted in the UGC and Appearances, including but not limited to rights to synchronize any master recording and or composition used to video, images, audio, photos, text, or other material embedded within the UGC, and You will pay any and all third parties who may be entitled to claim (including public performance organizations) arising from the Licensed Use of any composition or master recording embedded within the UGC; (ii) to the extent that any Third-Parties are visible in the UGC, You have obtained express consent from the Third-Parties to submit their likeness; (iii) CatchCook.com’s use of the UGC, Appearances, or Third-Party Materials As contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights or any applicable law or regulation; (iv) Your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Agreement will not violate or conflict with any obligations owed by You to a third party; and (v) you will comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to this Agreement.
INDEMNITY. You indemnify, defend and hold CatchCook.com harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to: (a) breach of any of Your representations and warranties in this Agreement; (b) any third party claim that the UGC or Appearances, or CatchCook.com’s use thereof, infringe, misappropriate or violate such third party’s intellectual property or other third party rights and (c) any third party claim that is based on any act or omission of You that results in personal injury, death, property damage or the violation of any law, ordinance or regulation.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL CatchCook.com BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE), REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR CatchCook.com’S USE OF THE CONTENT AND APPEARANCES.
By participating in CatchCook.com and having your videos published you will only be allowed to make: fishing, hunting, foraging or organic farming, activity, (together with) cooking and guiding videos, podcasts, tv and radio productions, tutorial videos, educational videos, etc. exclusively for CatchCook.com.
The participant understands CatchCook.com’s large investment in: design, editing, music purchasing, SEO and media marketing spend, SEO and social media staff salary spend, etc. in order to make the videos, may enhance the participants public profile and that CatchCook.com wants to capitalise exclusively from same.
For a period of 5 years after publication of video, the participant may not, without prior written consent of CatchCook.com, directly or indirectly, or in conjunction with any other person, persons, company, corporation, close corporation or partnership, sell, promote, distribute or be involved in any business of a kind or similar to that of CatchCook.com. This relates to participation in any: fishing, hunting, foraging, farming and combined with cooking, Youtube/TV content, or any other digital, production, or broadcast network.