- 800g Chicken breast meat
- 1 Packet of egg noodles
- 1 table spoon Mazina / corn flour
- 80ml Plum sauce
- 5 Cloves of garlic
- 50g Ginger sliced
- 2 red onions
- 1 Lemon juiced and zested
- 1 tbs. Sceshwaan peppercorns
- 30 fresh coriander
- 2 tbs. light soy
- 200ml oil vegetable, as needed for frying
- Fresh Coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok. Place the egg noodles in boiling water for 3 min.
- Chop the onion ginger and garlic
- Slice the chicken into strips and dust in the mazina and ground Sceshwaan pepper.
- Add the oil to the hot wok and stir-fry the chicken till lightly browned and remove from the pan.
- Drain the oil from the chicken and place it back in the wok.
- When the oil is heated again add the onions and ginger and quickly fry for around 2 min on a high heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds before adding the noodles, plum sauce and light soy sauce.
- Add the chicken back in the wok and after a minute of frying the mazina will cook out and absorb the excess liquid turning it into a nice slightly thicker sauce to properly coat the dish.
- Finish by adding the lemon zest and juice and finish with freshly chopped coriander and red onion to serve
Share this article
Panfried Mexican spiced barbel with roasted pepper and toasted cumin and garlic sauce with gaucomole and sour cream
Panfried Mexican spiced Barbel with roasted pepper and toasted cumin