- Olive & Rosemary spice (Ina paarman)
- Lemon Pepper (Ina Paarman)
- Fish spice (Robertsons or Ina Paarman)
- Fillet the mackeral, salt lightly for about 30 minutes so that the meat can firm up, wash off fillets and pat dry with kitchen towel paper so that the fillets are dry.
- Sprinkle the fillets with ingredients and place in the smoker for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Once the fillets change colour to brown, you will notice that there will be a slight dampness, due to its fat content, when this occurs it is time to take the fillet out of the smoker.
- Smoking the white stump nose will be the same as smoking the mackeral fillets, the only difference will be that this fish will be smoked in the round (head and tail on), using the same above mentioned ingredients, the only difference will be the time, the fish in the round can be smoked from about 20-25 minutes.
Both dishes can be served with a fresh garden salad
- Cos lettuce
- Chopped English cucumber
- Baby tomatoes halved
- Red onion
- Spring onion
- Fresh basil
- Red pepper
Drizzle of olive oil with balsamic vinegar, or a drizzle of olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon with cracked pepper and salt (smoked Moulden salt would be ideal)