1. Wash cut pieces of fish and set aside to drain.
2. Take + – 10 medium tomatoes and blanch in boiling water.
3. Remove skin and chop in small pieces. Place in pot and boil to reduce liquid.
1. Heat oil on medium heat in a flat pot.
2. Add mustard seeds, chopped onion, curry leaves.
3. Fry until onion is half cooked.
4. Stir in curry powder.
5. Add tomatoes spoon fulls at a time and stir well.
6. Cook on medium heat until some of the oil comes up + – 10 mins.
7. Add pieces of fish and baby branjols.
8. Cook for 5 mins.
9. Pour tamarind mixture over.
10. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
11. The cooking mixture will thicken and be level with the fish pieces.
12. Sprinkle crushed jeera [cumin]
13. Add chopped spring onione and leave to simmer for a further 5 mins on low heat.
14. Switch off and garnish with chopped dhania [coriander]
15. Enjoy with rice. And salad.
16. Left overs can be enjoyed with toasted bread for breakfast.