Crispy Thai Chilli Fish:
– 1 whole fish
– 4 garlic cloves
– ¼ cup lemongrass stalk chopped fresh
– 2 red birds’ eye chillis finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
– 1 tbs ginger grated
– 1.5 tbs Thai sauce (add more if you need more heat)
– 2tbs fresh lime juice
– Make four deep slits diagonally across both sides of the fish. Place the fish in a shallow non-metallic ovenproof dish.
– Combine remaining ingredients, except extra chilli sauce, in a medium bowl.
Pour over fish and refrigerate for up to three hours.
– Preheat oven to 180C
– Cover fish with foil, bake for about 35 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
– Brush fish with the Thai Chilli sauce, then grill for about 10 minutes until skin is browned and crisp.
– Chop Dhanya finely and sprinkle over fish to garnish.
To complement the dish a plain green salad will be suffice using cos lettuce, baby cucumbers,
basil, rocket and green peppers, drizzle lightly with olive oil and lime.
Urban Chilli is a Helderberg based Chilli sauce company in the Western Cape that produces handpicked locally grown organic craft chilli sauces.
Urban Chilli also bottle their own sauces and prioritises quality, health &safety by sterilising their own bottles at high temperatures ensuring that their product shelf life increases up to two years.
The Urban Chilli sauce which comes in the following flavours
Contact Niel Martin at Urban Chilli for more info.